Dig For Treasure

Burlap Rosette & Stone wreath

Follow This Link To: Burlap Rosette & Stone wreath: Weathered Treasure - Blog

Spring Wreath time!

This wreath was so fun.  I wanted something just a little different, so I think instead of using the wire wreath that I see all over the internet when using this loopy technique, I used a wood twig wreath that is white.  I love how you can see a bit of the white branches through it all.  
This wreath used to be my winter wreath. It had some blue wood snowflakes and beads on it.  But I've been using this same one every winter for the last 8 or 9 years.  Time for a new one?
 Do you know how to cut burlap?  When you're using by the yard, pull out one string where
 you want to cut.
See the gap?  Now you have an open space to make a clean cut.  No fraying burlap pieces. 
 And you make a straight cut.
O.K.  Pull out the hot glue gun and start randomly looping the strips of burlap all over.
These stones are just randomly grabbed from the yard.  But I think you can find something
similar at a craft store.  I put a big glob of hot glue, and they stayed!
A simple stamping on the stones and it's perfect, along with a cute bow, of course.
Now for the other side of the wreath.  I used a lighter color of burlap for some simple
rosettes.  To make these cut a strip of burlap, tie a knot on one end, then twist and wrap
 as tight or as loose as you want.



Happy Spring everyone!







Spring_Fling_Button_Rhoda
I Linked up with Rhoda's Spring Fling Link Party

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Treasure Box Of Jewels

Blogs I Enjoy

My Favorites

The Craft Posts On This Site Are From Other Sites I Enjoy Visiting.

Spring Blessings In My Treasure Box

Childrens Gems In My Treasure Box