An Organizing Challenge: Project Pretty

An Organizing Challenge: Project Pretty: Random fact you may not know about me.... I am competitive. Just ask the hubs. We play card and board games frequently and it always gets heated...



And if he ever seems doubtful about my abilities or ideas {not that he ever would be, ha}, I always reply with, "Is that a challenge?!" Sometimes, that challenge is just what this competitive girl needs to light that fire and just do it already.



Where am I going with all this?



I mentioned that I want this blog to be full of big and small projects. Since we are working on renovating our lower level, it seems like we have been tackling a lot more large scale items. I miss working on the little things. Covering soup cans and cardboard boxes, painting, mod podging.... I miss it all like crazy.



So, I am challenging myself, and asking you to join me!







Boxes, canisters, trays and bins beware... you are getting some LOVE!



Let's make some pretty storage. I am not talking about whipping out the ol' DYMO label maker here. Extra mile, make it fab storage. Here are some ideas for you....



Chalkboard labels are way cooler than traditional labels. And versatile....



You can DIY them:






{source}

Find some on Etsy:






{source}



Or just paint an entire piece of furniture:






{source}



Finding some pretty paper and covering leftover food packaging is always no fail:






{source}

Or cover an entire cabinet or bookshelf!






{source}






{source}






{source}

Or line some drawers:






{source}



Why not try labeling with vinyl decals or mod podge? So stinkin' cute!






{source}






{source}






{source}






{source}




Know how to sew? You could whip up some lovely DIY bins?







{source}






{source}


How about labeling your pantry belongings? Or anything really!







{source}




Like to paint? Spray paint a frame and use it as a dry erase board?






{source}





Maybe paint some stripes on boring storage boxes or magazine files?






{source}



Paint an outdated tray and line it with pretty paper or fabric?






{source}






{source}



The opportunities and ideas are endless!



Next week Friday will be share day! I will host a "project pretty" link party so we can all sit and smile at all of the lovey transformations together! I think this will be my most favorite link party EVER!



If you fear you don't have a creative bone in your body, this is even for you. You. Can. Do. It! I know it. Covering something with paper is simple. Just try it, you may surprise yourself. If not, you can always find super fab options and ideas on Etsy... it's totally OK.



So who is excited and going to participate with me!? What super pretty projects do you have up your sleeves? It can small or grand, there are no limits really, just that it's pretty and somewhat organizing related. What other ideas do you have for those with a creative mental block?






Poetry And Other Materials On This Site Can Be Freely Used For Christian Bible Centered Non-Profit Ministries And must Remain Unchanged In Any Way. All Other Purposes Are With Permission Only. You May Make Requests At "treasurebox18@yahoo.com" All my poems with stories are both real and fictional designed to illustrate a biblical truth. All Rights Reserved. Please Include Site Name And Link Back To This Blog. Thank-You.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Felt/ And other Zipper Crafts Zipper crafts

Grandmas Blankets