Crochet Woodland Red Squirrel



I named my squirrel "Pepper Jack"




I used a size K hook for the tail.
I used a J hook for the squirrel.
I used an N hook for the bow.
-yarn embroidery needle-
-spool of green thread
and sewing needle-

-----------

When you mirror the eye put the reflection light on the same side 
of the pupil.



Nose and Mouth
-embroidery needle-
White
 Blue 
The blue from the yarn skein.

White and black for the mouth.

Ears
I used this video pattern for the ears but I folded them in half.
I used my yarn needle to sew the sides and the bottom.
Then I sewed them to the head with my yarn needle and matching yarn.


Bow 
2 different colors of Olive
Chain 35 with N hook
Tie around the neck
Tac it in the back of the neck.
Put a few stitches in the bowknot in the front
to keep it from coming untied.

Feet and Hands
I tied a piece of the matching yarn
around both hands and both feet. 
I tied them in a double knot and cut them 
all the same length.

The Body and Limbs


Introducing 
"Pepper Jack" the woodland squirrel



tail







This is just a sample of how to do the tail.   chain 15.
Then dc two rows.  Turn your work sideways.  Make sc crochet in the dc line.
Chain 10 then sc back into the same double crochet line.  Do that 9 more times in the same double crochet line space.  Continue to the next dc line.  Sc and then chain ten Sc into the same line.  Do that 9 more times.  You continue to follow this pattern all the way down. The whole two rows of dc should be full of chained loops.   You can form your tail or hair by adding chained loops by length or volume where you
want to, to give it the shape you want or make it as full as you want.  You can change your crochet base to change your tail or form a hairstyle.  




Feet



He's getting a photoshoot.  He likes to show
off for the camera.  He's been discovered.
He's new to the scene.  


He's got a nice tail.  Side view


He's giving his mean 
 look.

Politics!


Posing 



Enjoying this chair. 





































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Felt/ And other Zipper Crafts Zipper crafts

Grandmas Blankets