I Made A Christmas Ornament and I Love It

 The Memory Ornament 

I really love this ornament that I made.  I mostly love it because it means something to me.
Somebody sent us a Christmas card.   I've held on to it for a very long time.  I decided to make Christmas ornaments with the cards I've been holding onto for over 10 years, some over 15 yrs, some over 30 yrs.  Some may be in our tree and others in a wreath.  
  
Front


Back

Here on the back of the ornament.  I glued the sentiments, and what the sender 
wrote to us in the card. 
I covered their name here for this post.  I wanted to be sure not to
upset anyone by posting their name here.




Supplies Needed To Make 10 Ornaments

1. 10 Old Christmas Cards With Pictures.
2. 10 Round Black Lids That Are 4 and 6/8th Wide.  (Recycled)
3. Green Wire 11in. 10X 
4. 14 and 1/2 in.  Jute Rope Cuts   10X
5.  10 bells  6/8 in Large bells.
6.  10 6-inch Wide - Round - Doilies  doilies
7.  Clear Glue All From Elmers
8. Hot Glue 
9. Foam Poster Board

Tools Needed

1. Pen
2. Ruler
3. Scissors
4. Glue Gun
5. Dremel or Drill - to drill hole
6. Jig Saw - Optional 
7. Brown Buttons - I decided to add buttons to 
match the other ornaments.



This wire looks kind of like twisty ties.


I used foam board to make this project.
I used the lid to outline the circles onto 
the foam board and cut the majority of the circles out
with the jigsaw.  Then I finished fitting them by trimming them with scissors 
so they would fit inside the lid.  I used the lid to also outline
 the picture on the Christmas Card.  Then I cut the picture out.

I used the Dremel, as a drill and made a small hole in the bottom side of 
the plastic lid.  It took only a second or two to drill through.  
Then I threaded the wire into the hole with both ends evenly and twisted it inside the 
lid.    I opened the ends like you do a brad.  Then used hot glue on top of the wire ends.
Then I applied hot glue all around the lid. Then put a foam board circle inside on top of the glue.
Then again with the second foam board circle.  Then glue on the Christmas picture.
Hot glue the jute rope all the way around the edges of the circle.
Now squeeze the two wires at the tiptop together and fit the bell over them and onto the handle.
Make sure the bell is facing toward the front.  Push the bell to the base as far as you can,
then spread the two wires of the hanger into a tear shape opening.

Put hot glue on the back of the ornament and glue it securely onto the center of the doily. Set it to face up upon a smooth glass plate. 
Cut out your sentiments, then the words that are written inside and who the card is from.
Glue them onto the back of the doily with hot glue.



This plastic lid is from a large container of Great Value Creamer


I did not use Modge Podge in this picture.
I only used hot glue and Elmer's glue.




The Pinecone Ornament:

I asked my neighbor if I could use 
some of the pinecones from their pine tree to do crafts with.
I dried them out by putting them in my oven.
They did let off some strong fumes.
So I put them in the microwave but the smell
was strong. 

Next time I will soak them in a vinegar soap mixture
and then let them set out for a few days to dry before I stick them into my oven.
There are bugs in pinecones and sometimes spiders.  
So it's very important to clean them.

I painted the pinecones with white chalk paint just at the ends.
 
I put the green wire through a brown button's holes. 
One end into one hole and one end through the other hole.  
I had to use some pointy plyers to pull each end through.
I used the plyers to twist the ends of the wire 4 or 5 times under the button.
Then I glued that button on top of the pinecone, leaving the twisted end
hidden glue under the button.  
I threaded the hanger through a large wooden bead
and hot-glued it onto the button.
 I then tied some red sequins trim around the button area and
 glued a button onto the center of the bow.

The Pinecone Ornament looks very nice
with the Memory Ornaments. 
I enjoy them and look forward to
seeing them on our  Christmas tree.


Susan Nikitenko November 10th, 2022 ©































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Felt/ And other Zipper Crafts Zipper crafts

Grandmas Blankets